- the ultimate desktop calculator
Qalculate! is a multi-purpose cross-platform desktop calculator. It is small and simple to use but with much power and
versatility underneath. Features include customizable functions, units,
arbitrary precision, plotting, and a user-friendly interface (GTK+ and CLI).
This project welcomes new developers. Visit the project page here
.: 2017-08-28 :. Qalculate! version 2.0 released
After a month of hard work Qalculate! version 2.0 is ready with removal of glib and cln dependencies from the library, a redesigned expression entry and keypad in the GUI, and a new feature complete Windows version. Get the new version from the downloads page.
List of main changes:
For a complee list of changes see the ChangeLogs (libqalculate and qalculate-gtk), or, for even more details, git logs (libqalculate and qalculate-gtk).
- CLN has been replaced with GMP and MPFR for low-level numerical calculations.
- The Glib dependancy has been removed. It has partly been replaced with libiconv and icu. Libqalculate can be compiled without them and libiconv is only used the CLI application.
- GVFS and wget have been replaced by libcurl for exchange rates retrieval.
- Date functions have been rewritten and now support much larger numbers.
- Trigonometric functions with angle unit other than radians have been fixed.
- Functions with more than one argument can now also be applied to the RPN stack, and enter on empty expression duplicates the stack register at the top.
- New functions: airy(), arg(), besselj(), bessely(), conj(), digamma(), erf(), erfc()
- Redesigned keypad with a lot more functionality. (GUI)
- Multiline expression entry with undo/redo. (GUI)
- Alternative simplified function creation dialog. (GUI)
- Percentage calculation tool. (GUI)
- Binary installer for Microsoft Windows.
- Increased efficiency and many minor enhancements and bug fixes.