- the ultimate desktop calculator
Qalculate! is a multi-purpose cross-platform desktop calculator. It is simple to use but provides power and versatility normally reserved for complicated math packages, as well as useful tools for everyday needs (such as currency conversion and percent calculation). Features include a large library of customizable functions, unit calculations and conversion, physical constants, symbolic calculations (including integrals and equations), arbitrary precision, uncertainty propagation, interval arithmetic, plotting, and a user-friendly interface (GTK, Qt, and CLI).
Qalculate! is free software, licensed under the GNU Public License v2 (or later).
Qalculate! version 4.9 releasedChanges:
- Support for specifying a fixed denominator for display of fractions (e.g. "0.3 ft ➞ 1/8 ≈ (3 + 5/8) in")
- Return gcd of numerators divided by lcm of denominators in gcd() with non-integer rational numbers, and vice versa for lcm()
- Add units for mean Gregorian and tropical years
- Ignore underscore in number
- Replace defunct exchange rates source and fix bitcoin exchange rate
- Fix asin(x)=a, acos(x)=a, and atan(x)=a, when a contains an angle unit and default angle unit is set
- Fix output of value converted to unit expression with numerical multiplier in denominator, e.g. "➞ L/(100 km)"
- Fix segfault when trying to solve "(x*sqrt(x)-y*sqrt(y))/(sqrt(x)-sqrt(y))=x+sqrt(x*y)+y"
- Fix parsing of case insensitive object name ending with Unicode character when followed by another Unicode character in expression, e.g. "микрометр"
- Always add result to history (even if identical to previous) if expression contains a function generating a random number (GTK, Qt)
- Prefer capitalized function name (over name with underscore), when completing function name (GTK, Qt)
- Improve decision to (not) update calculate-as-you-type result when last character is an operator (GTK)
- Add percent and permille output options in rational number form menu (GTK)
- Fix keypad button (up/down) for cycling through expression history (GTK)
- Restore decimal number base after closing programming keypad (Qt)
- Improve appearance of conversion menu (Qt)
- Save position of main window even if size has not changed from the default (Qt)
- Fix custom middle click button action (Qt)
- Fix immediate calculation after selecting to-conversion completion (Qt)
- Add history command, listing expression history (CLI)
- Display all exponents 0-9 using Unicode superscript characters if these are the only exponents in the expression (CLI)
- Minor bug fixes and feature enhancements