- the ultimate desktop calculator
Qalculate! is a multi-purpose cross-platform desktop calculator. It is simple to use but provides power and versatility normally reserved for complicated math packages, as well as useful tools for everyday needs (such as currency conversion and percent calculation). Features include a large library of customizable functions, unit calculations and conversion, physical constants, symbolic calculations (including integrals and equations), arbitrary precision, uncertainty propagation, interval arithmetic, plotting, and a user-friendly interface (GTK+ and CLI).
Qalculate! is free software, licensed under the GNU Public License v2 (or later).
This project welcomes new developers. Visit the project page here
.: 2019-05-27 :. Qalculate! version 3.2 released
List of changes:
For details see the changelogs for libqalculate and qalculate-gtk.
- Updated physical constants (CODATA 2018)
- Programming keypad (GUI) and programming mode (CLI)
- Bookmarks and protect (from disappearing of the end of the list) option for history (GUI)
- New and updated keypad buttons (GUI)
- Keypad in number bases dialog (GUI)
- bitrot() function for bit rotation
- Bitwise XOR, mod and rem operators, % as modulo, // and \ operators for integer division
- Change order of operations for logical and bitwise operators to better match C operator precedence
- Improved support for functions, variables and units with input base > 10
- Unicode support in char() and code()
- Simplification and factorization improvements
- RPN syntax improvements
- Recognize "factor" and "expand" commands at the beginning expressions
- For vector + scalar, add scalar to all components
- uptime variable
- Fix random segfault on automatic unit category selection (GUI)
- Fix display of number in sexagesimal base or time format (GUI)
- Fix abs(x)=a for complex x
- Minor bug fixes and feature improvements
Get the new version from the downloads page.