- the ultimate desktop calculator
Qalculate! is a multi-purpose cross-platform desktop calculator. It is simple to use but provides power and versatility normally reserved for complicated math packages, as well as useful tools for everyday needs (such as currency conversion and percent calculation). Features include a large library of customizable functions, unit calculations and conversion, physical constants, symbolic calculations (including integrals and equations), arbitrary precision, uncertainty propagation, interval arithmetic, plotting, and a user-friendly interface (GTK+ and CLI).
Qalculate! is free software, licensed under the GNU Public License v2 (or later).
This project welcomes new developers. Visit the project page here
.: 2020-11-23 :. Qalculate! version 3.15 released
List of changes:
Get the new version from the downloads page.
- Replace equals button with a clickable icon in the upper right corner of the expression entry (GUI)
- Optional extra column of customizable keypad buttons (GUI)
- Use icons for "Value", "Text", and "Copy" in history view and hide all buttons when keypad is shown simultaneously (GUI)
- Add "Exact" menu item to result popup menu when appropriate (GUI)
- Automatic and dual approximation and fractions mode in qalc and Gnome shell search provider
- Do not ask before overwriting temporary variables in qalc
- Add keyboard shortcuts for approximation (Ctrl+E), fraction mode (Ctrl+F), and save variable (Ctrl+R) in qalc
- Add "precalculate expression" argument (default false) to save() function (this also changes the behaviour of ":=")
- Support multiple equivalent custom digits, separated by semicolon (e.g. "0;aA1;bB2;cC3"), and phoneword digit set in base() function
- Always place unit with prefix first (fixes kWh)
- Fix local time zone on Windows
- Fix matrix/vector multiplication with approximate matrix/vector variable
- Fix parsing of expression with multiple degree signs
- Fix segfault in unit manager (GUI)
- Minor bug fixes and feature improvements