- the ultimate desktop calculator
Qalculate! is a multi-purpose cross-platform desktop calculator. It is simple to use but provides power and versatility normally reserved for complicated math packages, as well as useful tools for everyday needs (such as currency conversion and percent calculation). Features include a large library of customizable functions, unit calculations and conversion, physical constants, symbolic calculations (including integrals and equations), arbitrary precision, uncertainty propagation, interval arithmetic, plotting, and a user-friendly interface (GTK+ and CLI).
Qalculate! is free software, licensed under the GNU Public License v2 (or later).
This project welcomes new developers. Visit the project page here
.: 2020-03-02 :. Qalculate! version 3.8 released
List of changes:
Get the new version from the downloads page.
- IEEE 754 floating point conversion: float(), floatBits(), floatError(), floatParts(), and floatValue() functions, and fp16, fp32/float, fp64/double, fp80, and fp128 "to" conversion
- Floating point conversion dialog (GUI)
- Option to enable/disable new version notification (GUI)
- Restore A and B (case insensitive) digits in input of duodecimal number, use 0d as prefix for input of duodecimal numbers, and always interpret expression as duodecimal if it contains duodecimal Unicode characters
- Modify behavior of floor(), ceil(), trunc and round(): mark result as exact, allow approximate calculation of argument in exact mode, return interval when appropriate, and add "number of decimals" and "round halfway to even" (defaults to away from zero) arguments to round()
- Fix 1kOhm||1kOhm (and similar)
- Fix rounding in some cases with max decimals set
- Fix segfault in solve() with AND and OR in solution
- Minor bug fixes and feature improvements